Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
At SERVPRO of East Colorado Springs / Black Forest, we regularly tackle mold damage. And along the way we’ve learned some things. We’ve learned proper technique, best practices and how to be an all-around amazing company. We’ve also worked hard to be a reliable education-based company for our local community.
Addressing and mitigating mold is a primary responsibility for our team. We’ve seen the worst and we’ve tacked the worst. We’ve organized some tips to help our customers understand the remediation process and think about actions they can take before help arrives.
Follow these tips if you find yourself in a moldy predicament.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (719) 573-8312
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of East Colorado Springs / Black Forest for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of East Colorado Springs / Black Forest has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of East Colorado Springs / Black Forest proudly serves Colorado Springs, Peyton, and surrounding areas.