Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Our Colorado Springs and Black Forest SERVPRO is a regular part of daily life in our community. Day in and day out we’re at local homes and businesses ravaged by water, flood, and mold, helping put the pieces back together.
Now, discovering water damage in your home or business is a demoralizing event. It has the capacity to single-handily affect the rest of your year. It interrupts family life and it interferes with the day to day of the business.
Our Colorado Springs and Black Forest SERVPRO is here to help and we promise to be faster to your disaster.
Below we put together tips to help you think through water damage and the next steps.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (719) 573-8312
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.